Sustainability and Pennsylvania Castle Estate
“At Morris Group we believe business can be a force for good. Our vision of success is defined by strong communities, thriving environments and happy people.We think every day is a chance to do something great and that there is always more that can be done to change the way we work, for the better.“
On the Penn Estate we positively manage the Environment in which we work, support the Heritage and Culture that surrounds us, and seek a positive impact on the Community of which we are a part.Our greatest asset is our staff. We support them in achieving their goals, maintaining a good work life balance, and providing a positive working environment without discrimination.
- Trees and flora are managed through an Estate ecology strategy agreed with Dorset County Council to protect the natural environment.
- We deploy solar panels on the Estate with a commitment to continue to use renewables.
- Electric car charging is provided.
- We use our accommodation to educate. Our Clifftops Lodges themes relate to the natural environment and information is provided. Reef Lodge supports Reef Keepers to protect the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- We protect the history of the estate by working with the local museum and Dorset Garden Trust.
- The Church Ope Cove Trail is an investment to improve knowledge and experience for visitors to Church Ope Cove in partnership with Portland Museum.
- Portland Museum receive donations from monies raised through the Hayloft Cafe.
- Penn Castle Estate is the main sponsor of the bi annual B Side Festival
- In the summer the Grounds are opened up for outdoor cinemas and plays.
- The Estate hosts a variety of local charitable events as well as providing donation to Portland Community based charities.
- We provide free usage of the Castle to local charities and work with local schools and colleges.
- The Estate has an apprenticeship programme.
We welcome approaches from local organisations for support. Contact email@example.com